Buying gifts for loved ones may leave you scratching your head for ideas. Luckily we've put together a list of the perfect gifts for the bead lover in your life. In our opinion, the best part of the season is giving. Giving thanks, giving cheer, and giving gifts! Avoid the crowds, the lines, and the Christmas carols on repeat by shopping online. Order a few gifts for a friend, or loved one (and maybe a few for yourself).
1) A gift certificate - this one is simple. Now they can snap up any items needed for their next project. Our gift certificates can be purchased and used online. Planning on using the Gift card in our retail store? Make sure to pick up your certificate in-store or call the retail store and we will be happy to mail it for you. Every beader LOVES a gift certificate because it means adding more beads to their collection.
2) A Mirrix loom: If your bead enthusiast loves to weave on a loom, they may already have their eye on one of these. Mirrix looms are high-quality and take portability to the next level. They have a variety of sizes and accessories for any skill level or project. A Mirrix loom can be used for beads, fibers or both. This is sure to be a home run for the weaving enthusiast in your life.
3) Miyuki kits: The perfect stocking stuffer or little extra gift. Each kit contains everything you need to make these fun and gorgeous projects (all you'll need from home are scissors, ruler and tape!) The instructions are easy to follow and come with color coded diagrams and pictures. There's something for everyone! Bead-woven necklaces, bracelets, and rings allow you to give a gift they'll love to make and love to wear. The kits have a difficulty levels rated from 1 to 5 stars. For beginning beaders or those with a little bit of bead weaving experience choose 2 or 3 stars. For the more seasoned beader, go ahead and challenge them with a 4 or 5 star project.
4) String-me-along project bags: We love to bring my projects everywhere. Whether it's on vacation, craft night at a friends, or just out of the studio. The string-me-along bags are portable and make it easy to stay organized when working on multiple designs. They include a folding work pad with a velvety surface to keep your beads from rolling away. The pad folds around your snap-in project bag which is ideal for storing your beads during travel. Additional project exchange bags are sold separately in packs of two so you can keep all your different projects organized. When you’re on the move, choose your project, snap it in and go.
5) A beading book: The Art Of Bead Embroidery has been a best seller on our site for a long time now, and for good reason. This comprehensive book is full of beautiful photographs and easy-to-follow diagrams. This is by far our favorite book on bead embroidery.
6) African metal beads: These gorgeous metal beads have a earthy vintage feel like nothing else we sell. Their hand-made quality makes them a great gift for your creative friends. The rich metallic colors are the perfect accents to earrings as well as bracelets and necklaces.
7) A kumihimo disk and C-Lon cord: Kumihimo is quickly becoming one of the most popular beading techniques. Bracelets or necklaces are made by braiding strands of silk, satin, or C-lon cord with beads. We love seeing everyone's designs. Our disks come packaged with basic braiding instructions.
For an added bonus, include some size 8/0 seed beads and a spool of our regular weight C-Lon cord (CLC) to get them started. Hop on YouTube for some fun tutorials to get the creative juices flowing.