Download a pdf of this project to read on your computer or tablet
1. Thread your needle with about 4ft of C-Lon size AA thread. Go through the jump ring moving from front to back.
2. Add two size 11/0 seed beads.
3. Holding the beads and thread against the back of the ring, pass back through the ring going from back to front.
4. With the needle and thread still at the front of the ring, go up through the 11/0 on the right.
5. Pull tight so the 11/0 sits securely against the top edge of the ring.
6. Go down into the 11/0 to the left passing behind the ring.
7. Bring the needle through the ring to the front.
8. Now pass up through the same 11/0.
9. Moving counter clockwise string on one 11/0 seed bead. With this 11/0 held in line with the first two, bring the needle through the ring going from back to front.
10. Bring the needle up through the 11/0 at the front of the ring. The new bead should fall into line next to the first two as the thread is pulled tight.
11. Continue counter clockwise until there are a total of sixteen 11/0 seed beads attached to the ring. There should be a small space in between the first and last 11/0 bead.
12. Pick up one Miyuki size 10/0 Triangle bead (TR10).
13. Go down into the first 11/0 to the left, passing behind the ring and through to the front. The TR10 should now be sitting across the space between the first and last 11/0.
14. Pass up through (in front of the ring) the 11/0 that the thread is exiting.
15. Turn and go back into the TR10 going from left to right.
16. Add seven 11/0 seed beads.
17. Pass through the TR10 again going from left to right.
18. Pull tight to create a loop of 11/0 beads.
19. Reinforce the loop by stringing through all the beads again and exiting the TR10 on the right side.
20. Go down into the 11/0 bead to the right, passing behind and then through the ring.
21. Pass up through the same 11/0.
22. Repeat steps 20 and 21 on the next 11/0 to the right.
23. Repeat again so that the thread is exiting the third 11/0 on the right side of the ring.
24. Add two TR10 beads.
25. Begin working in Brick Stitch by passing the needle under the thread connecting the third and fourth 11/0 beads.
26. Go back up through the second TR10 bead (on the right).
27. Pull to secure and pick up another TR10.
28. Pass under the thread connecting the fourth and fifth 11/0 beads.
29. Go back up into the TR10.
30. Continue to work in Brick Stitch as you move clockwise around the ring. Add one TR10 per connecting thread bridge until you have twelve TR10 beads.
31. Pick up one more TR10 (for a total of 13) and add it passing under the thread connecting the next two 11/0 beads.
32. Go back up through the TR10 and pull to secure.
33. The tension from the previous beads in this row will pull the 13th TR10 down and should give the earring a symmetrical look.
34. Pick up two size 8/0 Triangle beads (TR8).
35. Begin working in Brick Stitch by passing under the thread connecting the first and second TR10 on the left side.
36. Pass back up through the second TR8 bead (on left).
37. Add another TR8 and pass under the thread connecting the second and third TR10 beads in previous row.
38. Pass up through the TR8 bead just added.
39. Continue in brick stitch (going counter clockwise) adding one TR8 per thread bridge until thirteen TR8 beads have been added.
40. Pick up one more TR8.
41. Pass under the same thread bridge as the previous TR8 bead.
42. Go back up through the fourteenth TR8 bead and pull to secure.
43. String two 4mm Fire Polished beads (FP).
44. Skip the first thread bridge and pass under the thread connecting the second and third TR8 beads.
45. Go back up into the second FP bead on the right.
46. Continue in Brick Stitch going clockwise around until there are thirteen FP beads.
47. Flip the whole earring over so #13 FP (the one with the thread exiting it) is now on the right side.
48. String on 30 of the 11/0 seed beads and go into the #7 FP bead.
49. Come out of FP #6.
50. String 30 more 11/0 beads and go into FP #12 passing behind the previous loop of seed beads.
51. Come out of FP #11, passing behind the two previous loops of beads.
52. String 30 of the 11/0 seed beads and go into FP #5.
53. Come out of FP #4.
54. String 30 seed beads and passing behind all the previous loops to go into FP #10.
55. Come out of FP #9 and this time pass in front of all the previous loops.
56. String 30 seed beads and go into FP #3.
57. Come out of FP #2.
58. String 30 seed beads and staying in front of the previous loops, go into FP #8.
59. Come out of FP #7, staying at the front of the the other loops.
60. String 30 seed beads and go into FP #1.
61. This is the final loop of the fringe.
62. Work thread down through the three rows of triangle beads to secure.
63. Loop around the ring going from back to front. Sew in and trim remaining thread.
64. Using chain nose pliers open the loop on the earwire.
65. Hook onto the loop of 11/0 beads at the top of the earring.
66. Use chain nose pliers to close the loop on the earwire. Repeat all steps to make second earring.